Why Choose Us?
The gentle and compassionate way we assist and care for families is one of the greatest reasons Cremation Society of Illinois is the largest provider of cremation services in Illinois. However, families do turn to us for a variety of reasons:
- Family owned and operated
- Oldest Cremation Society in the state of Illinois -- since 1983
- We are the only cremation society in the state of Illinois to own and operate its own cremation equipment. That means we can personally oversee the care and disposition of your loved one from start to finish
- Employ only trained and certified cremation technicians, even before it was required
- Family deals with REAL people/counselors/funeral directors -- NOTa P.O. Box or 24 hour-a-day answering service
- "Open Door Policy" -- Family may view facilities at any time during regular business hours and may be present during the cremation process if they wish
- Families can prepay for their cremation or burial services, thereby locking in at today's prices
- Money for prepayment is placed in trust (Funeral Services, Inc.: 800-749-1340 or Interment Trust: 312-655-8200) or insurance -- accounts are audited by the Comptroller of the State of Illinois.
- Travel Protection Plan offers Nationwide and Worldwide protection.
- Member of the Better Business Bureau's Accredited Businesses(312-832-0500)
- Special program to retrieve and store DNA for 5 years
- We have ten offices to serve you in the Northern Illinois area
- Cremation is a modern choice accepted by most religions and cultures
- Current president and owner, Jerry Sullivan, is a past president of CANA (Cremation Associate of North America, 312-644-6610), current president of ICF (International Cremation Federation) and advisor to the state Comptroller